I believe the GOP had begun dying particularly in this current session when both the House and Senate were voted majorities and refused to fight Obama and his ilk on any issue. They could have went step-by-step, bill by bill to attack Planned Parenthood, illegal immigration, climate change fraud, refugee settlement,, the list goes on and on and on.
The House has its largest majority since the Civil War and they just allowed the Democrats to control the agenda and get everything they could possible imagine for giving up the ban on exporting crude oil. Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) has the temerity to declare that the Omnibus bill lifted the ban on oil exports arguing that it’s “something we’ve been trying to do for 40 years in this country. Think of what we get by removing the ban.”
It didn’t even take forty-years to send the GOP into an official death spiral. Voters are not just discouraged, they’re up in arms so much so they are overwhelmingly supporting outside-the-beltway candidates, especially Donald Trump. And why not? The bold faced liars starting with House and Senate leadership is beyond the pale. They masters of the lie go out on the campaign trail each election cycle and tell us how they’re going to change the status quo, how Conservative they are, how they are going to shake things up. What they should do is merely be honest and tell us that a vote for them is a vote for surrender to Democrats and Barack Hussein Obama.
Ryan tells us his Omnibus bill will do the following:
Protect the borders? What they’ve really done is fund the next massive wave of illegal immigrants and refugees from Muslim Terrorist countries.
Cut the budget and fiscal responsibility? The omnibus package actually appropriates an additional $112 billion over the next two years. And previous caps on spending are now gone.
Rein in Obama’s radical social agenda! Planned Parenthood has been fully funded, yes, fully funded as in zero cuts. In addition, the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights received a 7% funding increase.
Rein in Obama’s anti-energy environmental policy! Crippling regulations will continue, funding of the Global Climate Initiative will guarantee no treaty will be submitted to the Senate allowing the EPA to initiate this fraudulent deal.
Let’s give credit where credit is due. Senate Majority Leader (R-KY) is complicit in this spending spree and GOP death spiral.
The Democrat Party and the Republican Party have merged. The GOP has now surrendered with the full backing of 150 House members and 33 Senators.
WOW – the GOP avoided a government shutdown where, in reality, the government really doesn’t shut down. In fact, workers who go on furlow actually get paid to not work.
Instead of the dreaded shutdown American’s got:
A $1.1 trillion Obama-Ryan budget that will result in another deficit of over $400 billion dollars, with expenditures and grant programs for every special interest group lined up at the federal trough.
- The 2009-page bill was unveiled at 2:00 AM on Wednesday morning and then adopted by roll call vote only two days later. How many members read it? THAT kind of cynical chicanery was supposed to end.
- It continues almost all of the subsidies and slush funds of the prior budget, like the 30% solar energy investment tax credit, tax breaks for race horses and film productions, while dropping over 150 restrictions on spending that were in the House-passed budget resolution.
- Dropped from the bill at White House insistence was the ban on funding of Planned Parenthood, a prohibition of EPA’s unconstitutional expansion of carbon emission rules never authorized by Congress, and a rollback of Obama’s takeover of local zoning under an illegal expansion of the Fair Housing Act.
- Not a single one of Obama’s several unconstitutional executive actions was defunded.
- The bill expands the number of low-wage workers brought into the country as guest workers, guest workers who never go home because no one is enforcing the visa expiration dates.
- The bill also expands the number of Muslim immigrants and refugees to nearly 300,000 annually.
- It allows DHS to tap into a $1.6 billion “refugee resettlement” pot to house and then “resettle” the tens of thousands of “Unaccompanied Children” crossing our southwest border.
This suicide won’t be painless, the GOP is killing America slowly, very slowly and it will be extremely painful. Democrats & Republicans have merged. We no longer have a two party system.